Take-away and service offers
Travelling with children, bikes or dogs
- Travelling with children: Children up to and including 5 years of age travel free of charge by bus and train. Children from 6 up to and including 14 years of age travel at the favourable children's fare.
- Travelling with the kindergarten children: All kindergarten children (and also all other children under 7 years of age who do not yet attend school!) generally travel free of charge in the VRS. Excursions with the whole kindergarten group must be registered with the local transport company 3 working days in advance so that sufficient space in the vehicles can be guaranteed for all children.
- Travelling with bikes: Bikes may generally be taken along in the VRS network as long as there is sufficient space in the vehicle and a separate VRS ticket has been purchased for the bike. To take a bike with you, you need an adult single ticket in price category 1b or 2a regardless of how far you want to travel within the VRS network. If you travel frequently by bike, you can also buy a 4erTicket or a MonatsTicket for bikes. There is no right to take a bike with you. The driver decides whether you may board with your bike or not, depending on the space available in the vehicle. Children in prams and wheelchairs always have priority over bikes. Note: Folding bikes are transported free of charge if they are folded.
- Travelling with dogs: Dogs can be taken along in the VRS network free of charge as long as they are under the supervision of a suitable person. Dogs that are a danger to passengers must wear a muzzle. In general, animals must not be accommodated on the seats.
Travelling in groups
Taxi to continue your journey? Stop on request?
- Taxi call: with this service, you can have the train or bus drivers order a taxi to the stop you want by radio.
- Stop on request: in the evening hours, generally after 8 p.m., you can also get off between the normal stops with this service. Please inform the driver that you want to stop in good time.